5. Manager overview
Available for: Managers and Administrators)
Who are Managers?
Managers are responsible for developing and updating the National Implementation Plan. Some managers can also become "Category managers" and are responsible for an area of the National Implementation Plan (e.g. UPR recommendations, CRC recommendations, SDG targets, etc.) and thus for sets of recommendations. Category Managers play an oversight role to ensure that data is entered when required - thus providing the second safeguard against non-entry of data.
What can I do as a Manager?
- Everything a Contributor can do (see Contributor overview)
- Create Implementation Plan
- Monitor Implementation Plan
- Become a "Category Manager" and oversee reporting (see Oversee Reporting)
- Promote Guest to Contributor (see Promote Users)
- Manage all content (except Pages)
Specific functions and responsibilities of a Manager
Function: Implementation Plan Manager
As an Implementation Plan Manager, a user can be responsible for developing and updating the National Implementation Plan. This functional role is not explicitly assigned but is expected to be assigned by the overseeing organisation (e.g. NMRF).
The responsibilities of an Implementation Plan Manager are:
- Create and update Recommendations, Actions and Indicators, as well as Categories
- Categorise and cluster Recommendations, Actions and SDG Targets, and associate Recommendations with Actions
Function: Category Manager
The Manager can as Category Managers be explicitly made responsible for an area of the National Implementation Plan, thus for sets of Recommendations, commonly by Human Rights Mechanism (depends on application configuration). Category Managers play an oversight role to ensure that data is entered when required.
For each 'Human Rights Body' Mechanism, as well as for each SDG, a 'Category Manager' should be assigned by one of the Administrators.
- A Manager requires to be assigned to a suitable category (by Administrator, see Assign Category Manager)
The responsibilities of an Category Managers are:
- Assign users to indicators (see Oversee Reporting)
- Oversee and follow-up data collection (see Oversee Reporting)
- Review and publish progress reports added by Guest Contributors (see Reporting as Guest)
Category Managers will receive automated email reminders when a reporting due date for Indicators in their area have lapsed ('overdue') so that they can follow-up with the responsible Contributors. 'Indicators in their area' are all Indicators that are associated with Actions that are targeting Recommendations that are tagged with the Category the Manager has been assigned to:
Manager ---- Category ---- Recommendation 1 ---- Action 1 ---- Indicator 1.1 | -- Recommendation 2 ---- Action 2 ---- Indicator 2.1 | -- Recommendation 3 ---- Action 3 ---- Indicator 3.1 | -- Action 4 ---- Indicator 4.1 | -- Indicator 4.2
Please note: if Recommendations are tagged with multiple Categories or if Actions are associated with Recommendations of multiple Categories, it is possible that multiple Managers receive email reminders for the same Indicator
Also note that the frequency of email reminders may vary depending on configuration - default is weekly (compare Contributor overview)